The 3 Metabolic Pathways
When you move throughout the day you’re using certain energy systems. Below I give a brief explanation of the BIG 3 you will utilize depending on your activity level.
1. ATP (phospho-creatine) Fast explosive, short term.
- Immediate use of energy.
- Utilizes creatine phosphate.
- Time 15 seconds.
2. Anaerobic (glycolosis) HIIT training
- Short term
- Utilizes glucose
- Times 1-3 minutes.
3. Aerobic (mitochondrial) endurance training
- Long term
- Utilizes lipids (fat) glucose
- Prolonged activity